“She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” ~ Elizabeth Edwards
Have you ever felt like a captain navigating a boat with the wind and the sea changing every day? You are at the helm and each time the wind blows, a course correction is needed. And then, in the mist of the corrections, you find that even your destination is changing? The quote by Elizabeth Edwards reminds me to adjust, pivot when needed, and be resilient.
Over Fifty Business Life is returning with new purpose and ideas. It was on hold, while I navigated the personal changes and challenges that the pandemic created in business and lifestyle. Much of the time was spent learning how to move my company from brick and mortar to virtual and in examining life goals and priorities.
Questions to ask yourself, in deciding to start or continue a side-line business are:
- Why do I want to start a business?
- How will this fit into the lifestyle desired at my age?
- Time…. there is only so much in a day and a lifetime…where do I want to spend my time?
- How do I choose a sideline business that is fun and profitable?
- How resilient am I? (When a change of course is needed)
We will be exploring these questions, as well as reviewing products, services, and ideas for the over-fifty entrepreneur.